Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

'There's no wedding, I'm not pregnant or adopting (at the moment)': Angelina Jolie sets the record straight

'There's no wedding, I'm not pregnant or adopting (at the moment)': Angelina Jolie sets the record straight
 Since the inception of 'Brangelina' in 2005, the couple have been at the centre of a string of wild rumours.

And despite having a large brood of six children - both biological and adopted - Angelina Jolie insists they aren't planning on having any more... just yet anyway.

In a new interview, the 36-year-old laughed off speculation she was planning to marry Brad Pitt or was pregnant.
Since meeting on the set of Mr & Mrs Smith - while Pitt was still married to ex-wife Jennifer Aniston - rumours have dogged the couple they will tie the knot.

But they have always insisted they would not marry until people of different sexual orientation were also free to wed.



And despite recent speculation they had changed their mind, Jolie insists there's no nuptials planning.

She tells the October issue of Vanity Fair magazine: 'There is no secret wedding... I’m not pregnant. I’m not adopting at the moment.'
In the interview, she reveals her fears of writing the screenplay for her directional debut In The Land Of Blood And Honey.

She admits she regularly sought advice from Pitt, but admitted their close relationship meant he wasn't a 'fair judge'.

She said: 'He’d come in and say what he liked or what he didn’t understand. Like any woman, I would listen to most of it and fight a few things.

'He’s been so supportive. But it’s hard to separate the person that loves you from the critic, so I don’t think he’s a fair judge.'
Jolie admitted she wrote the script about a love story set amongst a backdrop of the Bosnian War when she was suffering from the flu.

Having quarantined herself away from her children in the attic, she recalled: 'I was in the attic of a house in France. I was isolated, pacing. I don’t watch TV and I wasn’t reading anything. So I started writing. I went from the beginning to the end. I didn’t know any other way.'

Jolie didn't originally intend to direct it, but was so proud of her script, she couldn't bring herself to let someone attempt to project her vision of the story.

She explained: 'I’ve never felt more exposed. My whole career, I’ve hidden behind other people’s words.

'Now it’s me talking. You feel ridiculous when you get something wrong.'

The full interview with Jolie is in the October issue of Vanity Fair magazine, on sale in the U.S. on September 1.